Interested in taking the MWM Course?
Master Woodland Manager Training is coming to Central Oregon!
Master Woodland Manager (MWM) is our Forestry and Natural Resources Extension premier forest stewardship and volunteer program. This program has been running for over 25 years, serving more than 500 landowners around the state, and in 2017 it is coming to Central Oregon.
This program only comes around to a given region about every 10 years, so take advantage of this opportunity!
During the Master Woodland Manager program, you will:
• Visit woodlands and ranches around the region. Field days will occur in the Sisters, La Pine, Bend, and Prineville areas.
• Meet and learn from other woodland owners.
• Get to know our region’s forest and natural resource professionals from various agencies.
• Learn from Oregon’s State University’s forest, river, and wildlife experts!
• Gain knowledge and skills that you can apply on your property.
• Become part of Central Oregon’s tremendous woodland owner and forestry community.
This unique training combines at-home readings and videos, online discussions, and field days. This allows us to focus our face-to-face time in the field (instead of in the classroom enduring long lectures!), reinforcing concepts and practicing new skills.
Field days are spaced out so that there is enough time to do the pre-session preparation, and for you to apply concepts at home and ask questions as needed in between sessions.
Central Oregon MWM Agenda:
February 23: Introduction, Landscape Setting and Fire Ecology
March 15: Upland Ecology and Management
March 30: Business Management and Taxes
April 13: Riparian And Watershed Systems
May 4: Reforestation and Young Forests
May 25: Harvesting, Marketing Forest Products and Roads
June 15: Forest Health, Graduation Dinner